The chances are that either you or a friend has skin tags that you are interested in having removed, which is probably why you are reading this. Although, as you may be aware, skin tags are in themselves harmless, they can cause problems depending on their location.
Some people become self-conscious if they are somewhere readily visible, such as the face. Other people find that they can get caught in clothing and can sometimes end up bleeding and in awful situations, even bleed. There are a number of methods that you could choose to remove the skin tags, but usually the easiest, least expensive and pain free way is to use a liquid formulation, such as DermaTag, to reduce and eventually remove them.
What Do You Get In The DermaTag Kit?
In addition to the 11ml of DermaTag formula, the kit comes with additional items to assist in the effective application of the formula to the skin tag;
- An emery board; this is used to slightly rough the skin tag prior to application of the formula
- 20 x Fabric adhesive plasters which can be used as an alternative method for applying the formula (see below)
- 20 x cotton buds, although the DermaTag bottle comes with an applicator in the lid, the cotton buds can be used as an alternative
- Set of instructions for use
How Does DermaTag Work?
Firstly, DermaTag does not work to make the skin tag drop off, nor does it work instantly. It works over a period of time to make the skin tag reduce in size and then eventually disappear. In some cases the tag will disappear in a matter of days, but more often it can take a few weeks to completely get rid of the skin tag. This is different than other more powerful creams such as Pristine Herbal Touch’s
How to Apply DermaTag
There are two ways that the DermaTag formula can be applied. Before any application the surface of the skin tag can be slightly abraded with the emery boards to rough it up. This prepares the skin tag more readily take up the formula. First, using the applicator pad attached to the bottle top or a cotton ball, apply the formula directly to the skin tag.
Second, a small amount can be applied to one of the adhesive plasters. From there, put the plaster over the skin tag and leave it for an extended period, such as overnight. The method using the adhesive plaster often acts quicker but is not always practical to use during the day depending where on the body the skin tag is located.
What are the Active Ingredients of Derma Tag?
- Apple Cider Vinegar has several properties that make it ideal in helping to remove skin tags. It is anti-fungal, antibacterial and has antiviral properties that make it an important factor in the removal of skin tags. Apple cider vinegar also helps to reduce the blood supply to the skin tag
- Bloodroot helps with the removal of the skin tag. It does this by significantly reducing the blood supply to the base of the skin tag
- Witch Hazel is commonly used in skin products to help with skin inflammation. In DermaTag it is used to sooth the skin after application of the formula
- Aloe Leaf Juice is used in many skin care products. It helps to reduce the likelihood of any blemishes remaining after the tag has been removed. It is also useful in helping to remove dead skin cells
- Clove Extract is in the formula mainly for its anti-septic features. It is used to help protect and ease the area from where the tag is being removed
- Fig Leave Extract is slightly acidic and when used in the correct dilution, as in the DermaTag formula is very effective at helping to remove skin tags.
Will DermaTag Work for Me?
There is a very high likelihood that DermaTag will work well for you. However, in a very small proportion of cases there is a slight possibility that the DermaTag formula may not work. It is an unfortunate fact that for a variety reasons, some of which are not fully understood by science, some skin types do react differently to different formulas applied to them. This rule also applies to make-up, soaps, and detergents among many other things.
Will The Skin Tag Grow Back After Using DermaTag?
In short, no. Once a skin tag is removes it typically will not come back, nor will your likelihood of having more skin tags be increased. As science does not fully understand the reason why skin tags appear in the first place, there are various theories as to certain conditions that make people more susceptible to developing them, there is always a possibility that you may have more skin tags at some time in the future. Of course, you would develop these whether you used DermaTag or not. Many people just get one or two and then have no more.
What If DermaTag Does Not Work On My Skin Tags?
There are many formulas on the market that purport to remove skin tags. While many are reputable, some are not. DermaTag is a reputable company with a very good product that wants to have satisfied customers. If you are one of the few for whom DermaTag does not eliminate skin tags, DermaTag offers a 60 day money back guarantee (not 30 days like many other skin tag formulas). Just contact DermaTag directly and they will take you through their refund procedure.
As mentioned earlier, whether you have skin tags removed is a personal choice, so in most cases health insurance does not cover the costs. So, if you choose to have your skin tags removed, you are paying your own hard earned money. This is why it is key to choose a proven formula, like DermaTag, that has been in business for over 10 years.
Realistically even the proven formulas will not work on everybody. So, you definitely want to avoid the risk of you wasting your money if you are one of the few. Look for a removal formula supplier who is open enough to accept this fact and offer you your money back should it not work for you.
Have you had problems with DermaTag? Or, has DermaTag removed your skin tags? Share in the comments!